25 Random Things about Me
This is going around facebook, so I thought I would post mine here too, in hopes to start up my blog again.
1. I have two kid who I love more than life itself. They both amaze me more and more each day.
2. My husband is the greatest thing in the world. I don't know how I would get through major obstacles without him. He helped me through the death of my father, when we were only dating for a couple of months. I knew the day I met him I would marry him.
3. I love to scrapbook. It's my outlet, and I get obsessed about new "toys" for it. I have more paper than I could probably use in my lifetime, but that doesn't stop me.
4. I am one of five kids, I have two brothers and two sisters, whom I love dearly. They are all in NJ.
5. I have PCOS, polycystic ovarian syndrome, which went undiagnosed for four year, until I saw a specialist. When I saw a specialist, I was pregnant within a few month, the first month of treatment.
6. I dabble in all types of crafts. I got a sewing machine for my birthday two birthdays ago and still have not tried it out. I fear it, even though I do fantastic in all other types of crafts. I really want to learn though.
7. My daughter had brain surgery last year for a Chiari malformation. She is 100% cured now.
8. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful step-daughter. It's a term we rarely use, because of the closeness we share.
9. My son has a language delay called apraxia. It is a motor planning problem, and is being treated by therapy. There is a breakdown from his brain to his mouth, and the words come back jumbled.
10. I love living in Florida. I can't imagine ever moving back to NJ now.
11. I love Disney and being so close to it. It is so convenient to go. My husband's company is affiliated with them and we get to go for free!
12. I sometimes miss the seasons, but would be happy with a dose of each for a week and that's it. Not enough to move back to NJ for.
13. I went to school for early childhood education and am one class away from a degree. It is an internship, and something that I don't want to do until Matthew is in school.
14. I love home decorating. I can do and redo rooms all the time. I would love to repaint the living room/dining room to a deeper green and my bedroom to a brownish light cocoa. Right now it's blue, and I am bored with it.
15. I am obsessive about organizing. I think it is a close second to scrapbooking as my hobby.
16. I was such a pig growing up with my room, and am such a neat freak now. I twitch when I go past my daughter's room at times. ;)
17. I love reading thrillers. Once I start a book, if it is good, I will stay up and read it all night until I finish, which is usually 5 in the morning.
18. My favorite play is Wicked. I could watch that every weekend and never get tired of it. We have seen it twice so far, and will again when it is back in Orlando or Tampa.
19. I love being a mommy. To see my little guy smile and take in everything new around him is the greatest joy. I love teaching him about life.
20. I have a hard time letting him go. I used to cry when leaving him, which in his two and a half years I can count on two hands, but am trying to get better with it.
21. I love reconnecting with people on facebook that I haven't seen in years. It's so nice being in touch with people that meant so much, but the distance separated.
22. Although I am super anal about my house being clean, my car looks like a tornado blew through the inside of it. It is always a mess. Toys everywhere, cups, etc...
23. I am so proud of the person my daughter is becoming. She is such a caring person and has such a strong belief in God, which is such a wonderful thing. It is amazing to see her growing into a young adult and seeing which path she takes
24. The only thing that sucks about living in Florida is being so far away from family.
25. I have a terrible fear of alligators. To the point where I have night terrors about them and wake in a cold sweat. This started when I moved to Florida, and hasn't stopped.